Thursday, May 10, 2012

Petal Cake

I had the day off today and made a few cakes.  I made a petal cake and a cake for my husband.  I have been wanting to try this cake style for a while, and it was so easy and cute!


I love blue: light blue, robins egg blue, aqua...  I could go on.


I wanted to do an ombre effect so I made 3 different shades of blue.  My favorite is the middle one.


The petal technique is so easy.  Just pipe a dot, then drag it with a spatula.  Continue around the cake, piping dots about 1/4 of an inch apart.


Then I piped a little flower on the top in a creamy bluish white.  


Creamy swiss buttercream, oh my.


Petals and flowers, blue and white, can't wait to dig in.

1 comment:

  1. I gave you the liebster award. Check it out. There are just some issues when you click on your site name. Checkit out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget