Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Portland, Maine

Last week, I went on a fabulous vacation to Portland, Maine for a family wedding.  I have never been to the East Coast and it was beautiful!  The coastline was rugged and rocky, the atmosphere in Portland - artsy and young, and it was so nice to get out of town!


We took a boat tour and got to see lots of the area that you couldn't get to by car.  These sea birds were basking in the sun and I loved the sight of it!


Lobster, Lobster, Lobster!  Isn't that a Maine staple?  The little bay cruise we took told us they used to serve lobster to the inmates because it was so cheap and plentiful.  Poor man's food, oh how the tables have turned!


Shopping in Portland was in no shortage.  The original Stonewall Kitchen, tons of boutiques, and a massive kitchen store.


Did I eat ice cream a few times on vacation?  You bet I did.  I love this vintage style sign in the window.  Sold, you got me.


There was even a shop that sold only popcorn.  Imagine that huh?



My mother in law and niece have a little heart to heart at the rehearsal dinner.


Le PAUVRE!  Lobster bake.


Beautiful lighthouses were plentiful on the coast.  We drove to this one and looked out at the ocean.


This little one never stops eating.  SO cute.



Rich in history and sights to see.  More photos to come!  What a great trip to get away from the heat of Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...