Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life is a Vacation

Can life just be one big vacation?  I know everyone loves a good vacation, but I think it is as necessary as sleep, water, and a roof over your head.  When I plan my next vacation, my days are more vibrant and I have something to look forward to.  It breaks up the monotony of the daily grind and provides a much needed excuse to relax and indulge.


What do I love about vacations?  Lots of picture taking and plenty of new places to appreciate and enjoy.  This is from the Madrid metro.


Family time and smiles.  I don't get to see my family very often, and vacations are usually planned around who we will see and when.  


I love trying new food and people watching.  This little cafe in Madrid is well known for hot chocolate and churros.  It was great, but we actually had some for my sister in laws bridal shower that knocked my socks off!  


Did I mention castles, museums, and things you just don't have at home?

I am already dreaming up my next vacation.  This has been a good year so far.  

January: my girlfriend came to visit and it was like a mini vacation for me -we went sledding on Mt. Lemmon, hung out giggling, and caught up on good times



March: my mom came to visit - we had a fabric shop hop, ate fantastic food, and went on a great hike!


May: my husband and I went to Maine for a wedding and a relaxing vacation


July: I went to Germany and Spain for my brother's wedding and a great family vacation!  I got to spend a lot of time with my parents and my grandparents.  What a treat.  Who can say they have traveled Europe with each set of grandparents more than once??  ME!  



Next UP!  September-  Sedona???  :)  

I love planning vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Sedona in September??? Check it out for us, we are thinking maybe Thanksgiving in Sedona... Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...