Saturday, February 4, 2012

Felt Flower Wreath

I have been oogling at festive wreaths for weeks on pinterest and I finally decided to make one for myself.  I made 3 different types of felt flowers in three different colors and wrapped my wreath round in a gorgeous turquoise yarn left over from a slouchy knit hat.


I like the pink flower the best.  It came out full and girly. I used this tutorial video to make it, easy and fast.  I am going to make a lot more of these babies!  Hopefully my husband doesn't think this is too girly or it will go from the door to my craft room in the blink of an eye.


I love making felt flowers.  All you need is a felted wool sweater or some store bought felt.  I used recycled sweaters for all 3 flowers and they are fuller than normal felt would be.  Another great option would be wool squares that you can get at most quilt shops.  


Spring is only a month away, right?  The yellow flower is a typical rolled flower, just use a glue gun and make MAGIC.


I hung it with some pale blue rick rack that I picked up on my last trip to Hancock Fabrics, 50 % off all rick rack. Who could resist??


I love my new wreath.  Bright colors, new techniques, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...