Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wahiawa Pineapple Run 2011

I did the Pineapple Run in Wahiawa last weekend and it was great fun!  I ran with a my friend Melissa and my mom.  Well, my mom kicked our butts by 2 minutes, but we ran the first half together.  :)  I hadn't been running much, but we made our best time yet!


Oh, I forgot to mention we ran as gnomes!  :)  
This run takes you through Wahiawa and winds on country roads near the pineapple fields.  You aren't exactly running right next to them, but they aren't far away.  :)  I was somehow picturing running through them....  That would have been a red dirt mess.


Pre-run.  Getting our gnome on...
We were the only ones in costume.  Huh.  Didn't everyone else get the memo?  Pineapple Run, in costume this year??


We got a free pineapple after we finished the run.  They were so yummy!  Each person got a pineapple and a t-shirt for participating.  Best prize yet!

If you ran and are looking for results, click here:: http://www.timelinehawaii.com/2011_races.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha i did the race too and said to my friend, they look like th gnomes from travelocity hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget