Saturday, September 24, 2011

Desk Organizer Makeover

I went to Savers today and found this shabby plain desk organizer.  I was in the market for one, so I thought about it and decided to give it a makeover.  I got it for $3.99.  Then I went to Michael's and got some sky blue paint for 1.19.  Then I got some stickers from K&C Company that were fake hardware stickers.  They work great and look like the real thing.  I also got a sponge brush for .39.  Total cost: under $6.00 with tax.


Here it is all laid out on an extra piece of cardboard from an Ikea box.  First I sanded everything I could get to.


Then I painted it with 2 coats of the sky blue paint.  After it dried, I put on the hardware stickers.  They look great and are actually pretty sturdy.


Then I made labels to fit inside of the stickers by hand stamping them.  I really like how it looks with my milk glass planter.  ICE BLUE is my new favorite color...


What do you think?  I found other desk organizers that were remotely stylish for over $25.00.  I would say this is a SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. Love your new organizer! I can't wait to visit your "uber" organized nest in Tuscon!!!
    Are you sure your new nickname isn't "Martha"?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget