Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cake Wedding Music - my way

My husband and I picked a bunch of songs for our wedding.  It was hard to find good song lists on-line for weddings, so I thought I would share the ones that we used.

I (bride) walked down the aisle to:
Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner ~~~ We love this song and it is so romantic.  It was great to walk down the aisle to something different that totally fit us.



Our Grand Entrance:
Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake ~~~ We both love Cake, but I am a super hard core fan.  We skipped in and I tripped on my dress a little I was loving it so much.  :)


First Dance:
Oh by Dave Matthews Band ~~~ my husband is a CRAZY Dave fan.  He seriously never used to listen to ANYTHING else.  I would get in his car in high school and every time, he had Dave on.  I hear Dave and I think of him, so this was perfect.


Cake Cutting:
Turn the Lights Down Low by Colbie Caillat - mellow and fun


Father Daughter Dance:
Back in Black by AC/DC : I remember dancing with my dad to AC/DC when I was a little girl.  My mom would leave on the weekend to get a little "me time" or run errands and we would turn up the music and dance!  She even said, "what song?" When I told her I picked this.  She would always turn it off when she came home, or just WAY down.  :)


These are my favorite picks that were the most different from the cheesy stuff that wedding sites tell you to use.  I hope this helps anyone that is looking for good songs for their wedding.  Think outside the box.  You don't have to pick all cheesy love songs!  People loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...