Sunday, October 23, 2011

Handmade Pillow Covers

My couch is awesome, but it came with super ugly matching pillows.  I have been wanting to make covers for them since I first saw them, and today was the day!


The first pillow cover finished.  I hand stamped the center fabric with a handmade stamp from The Mayberry Sparrow on etsy, and an "Oh Happy Day" stamp from Michael's.



Envelope fold back {p.s. I LOVE THIS FABRIC}


Awesome stamps.  So pretty!  The polka dot fabric is from last months quilt show that I went to. 



I covered all 3 pillows tonight.  WHEW!  Yeay!  I love them.  They brighten up the room and make the couch look comfy.  {Hope the hubby likes em}



I think I spent $7 total on these puppies.  What a deal.  2 yards of clearance fabric from Home Fabrics in Tucson, a fat quarter of the polka dot fabric, and some plain cream cotton from JoAnn's.  (not counting the stamps and fabric stamp pad of course.)


Flanked by the quilt I made for my husband on the left and a vintage fabric quilt that I got at a craft fair in Hawaii, they look awesome!  I think that about does it for the living room.  Next victim room please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...